Licensed Speech & Language Pathologist
Our Mission is to strengthen the Mind and Spirit of children with emotional, special learning, and developmental needs by providing specialized programs in a nurturing, caring and therapeutic environment.
Established in 1946, LeRoy Haynes Center has grown from a small operation serving just a handful of children into one of the largest and most comprehensive non-profit organization of its kind, dedicated to helping children with special needs relating to emotional development, Autism, Asperger's Disorder, learning disabilities, abuse, neglect and abandonment. Nestled against the backdrop of the San Gabriel Mountains, LeRoy Haynes Center's lush 21-acre campus is located in the city of La Verne at the east end of Los Angeles County.
We are seeking a Licensed Speech & Language Pathologist (SLP) to work with both severely emotionally disturbed students and students along the Autism Spectrum attending our non-public school. The SLP's primary responsibilities are to assess and meet the individual needs of the students through evaluation and diagnosis of speech, language and cognitive-communication.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provides speech and language therapy for the students.
- Assesses speech and language needs of students eligible for services, as well as yearly progress towards goals.
- Evaluates student performance and progress and documents the student’s Progress Report.
- Attends IEP meetings and student/parent conferences, as necessary.
- Prepares present level of performance section for IEP’s, as well as proposes new goals/objectives.
- Maintains and completes weekly billing summary indicating exact students seen, exact time and dates of sessions and duration of sessions and submits to the NPS/NPA accounting staff daily.
- Maintains a valid California specialized Speech and Language License or Credential.
- Participates in committees, programs, and activities as requested.
- Attends weekly core and team meetings and other meetings, as directed.
- Valid California Speech and Language Pathologist license
- Prior experience working with severely emotionally disturbed children and/or children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), strongly preferred.
- Able to establish and maintain appropriate rapport with students and their parents/guardians, inter and intra-agency personnel and regulatory bodies.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen & TB test.
- Valid California’s driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to Agency’s insurance carrier
Shift: Full-time, Monday – Friday (days) with some flexibility needed
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
HOW TO APPLY
We offer an outstanding work environment and a competitive benefit package.
Interested and qualified parties should forward their resume to: email@example.com or by Fax to: (909) 593-5241
Visit us at: www.leroyhaynes.orgApply Today!